Wednesday 29 February 2012

Behind the Scenes - The Love Shack E-session

We so did it! WEEEEEEE!!! Woot wooot!! For real, right?! Happy face.
So, here is the story behind The Love Shack:
The ex-boyfriend and I were sat in the lounge one night, talking about our plans for our shabby chic vintage wedding which is now two months away... Though we are having many DIY decors and accessories (for my love of art and crafts), we wanted to make our wedding even more personalised by contributing something that we both have passion about. That's when we thought - why not shoot our own engagement photos?! Since photography is our greatest love, it seemed just right to give it a shot. Then it was a done deal. I took out my grey book and doodled some concepts. 

I have seen loads of e-sessions online that left me drooling and wishing I could one day have my own that would inspire others as well... I wanted something laidback, simple, nostalgic and vintage, of course... 

Finding the perfect location was very easy to do as God led us to it. Equipment and props all ready, we then waited for a good (if not perfect) weather. 


We had to shoot twice! Oh yes, if at first you don't succeed... (you know how it goes lol). The first time we went to the location, it was warm (16ºC) but very breezy.  So before my birthday, we went back for a retake. This time chilly (14ºC) but not too windy. 


We had to walk one mile from where we parked the car to the tree (so perfectly quirky, it has now become our favourite tree) and carried props that weighed fifty kilos! Horses were following us because they thought we were bringing them food! And campers were thinking we were homeless and taking refuge in the forest! lol 

















The things we used for the shoot were bought from carboots and charity shops. Some of them were given to us by our next door neighbour. I rented the flare jeans from a vintage shop. The original plan was to use my Mom's bellbottom which she passed on to me when I was still in uni, but I left it in the Philippines. That could have added more meaning...
"The Love Shack is a little old place
where we can get together
Love Shack baby, Love Shack baby
Love baby, that's where it's at,
Ooo love baby, that's where it's at

Sign says.. Woo... stay away fools,
'cause love rules at the Lo-o-ove Shack!
Well it's set way back in the middle of a field,
Just a funky old shack and I gotta get back."
(B-52's Love Shack)

Having considered getting into events photography, we are soooooo psyched that our first engagement shoot project is our own! It was a lot of work, but great fun. All the hard work has paid off and as a bonus, it got featured!!!



You can view the rest of the photos at my website: Charisse Joy PhotographyAnd if you LIKE me on Facebook, that would be awesome, too!!! 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Charisse,
    I just checked in on your blog and saw your new engagement session photos...SOOOO darling and creative!! I can tell it took a lot of work and preparation, but so worth it :) Such sweet photos of you two!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Emily, thank you! Yeah it was all worth it :) We had a blast pulling them together! :) x

      Delete